This test screens for gonorrhea and chlamydia, common STDs that can infect the genitals, rectum, and throat.
This Panel Includes:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus): is a virus that attacks the body's immune system. If HIV is not treated, it can lead to AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome)
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia: Both conditions are caused by an overgrowth of bacteria. Chlamydia is caused by an overgrowth of the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. Gonorrhea is caused by an overgrowth of bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae)
- Herpes HSV-1: primarily causes oral herpes, and is generally responsible for cold sores and fever blisters around the mouth and on the face.
- Herpes HSV-2: primarily causes genital herpes, and is generally responsible for genital herpes outbreaks.
- RPR (rapid plasma reagin): is a screening test for syphilis. It measures substances (proteins) called antibodies that are present in the blood of people who may have the disease
Purchase includes the cost of Physician services.
STD (sexually transmitted diseases) Panel
Fast for 12 hours (no food or drink, except water) before sample collection. If you’re taking a supplement containing biotin (also called vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H, or coenzyme R), commonly found in products promoting nail, skin, and hair health, it is recommended that you wait at least 72 hours from your last dose before sample collection.